IGF-I antibody | M23
Mouse anti Human Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human insulin-like growth factor 1 antibody, clone M23 recognizes human IGF-1, also known as Mechano growth factor, Somatomedin-C or Insulin-like growth factor I. IGF-1 is a 195 amino acid ~ kDa secreted peptide bearing an N-terminal signal peptide and a propeptide together accounting for the N-terminal 48 amino acid residues. There is a second C-terminal propeptide region, known as the 'E-peptide', also cleaved during processing to yeild the 70 amino acid acivie secreted IGF-1 peptide. IGF-1 is functionally related to insulin but with a higher growth-promoting activity.
Mouse anti Human insulin-like growth factor 1 antibody, clone M23 has not been cross-adsorbed and may react with similar peptides from related species.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
References for IGF-I antibody
Morrell, D.J. et al. (1989) A monoclonal antibody to human insulin-like growth factor-I: characterization, use in radioimmunoassay and effect on the biological activities of the growth factor.
J Mol Endocrinol. 2 (3): 201-6.
Lyras, D.N. et al. (2010) Experimental study of tendon healing early phase: is IGF-1 expression influenced by platelet rich plasma gel?
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 96: 381-7.
Lyras, D.N. et al. (2011) Does a single application of PRP alter the expression of IGF-I in the early phase of tendon healing?
J Foot Ankle Surg. 50: 276-82.
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005158 insulin receptor binding
- GO:0005159 insulin-like growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009441 glycolate metabolic process
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014834 satellite cell maintenance involved in skeletal muscle regeneration
- GO:0014896 muscle hypertrophy
- GO:0014904 myotube cell development
- GO:0014911 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0016942 insulin-like growth factor binding protein complex
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0034392 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell apoptosis
- GO:0035630 bone mineralization involved in bone maturation
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043568 positive regulation of insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045445 myoblast differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045821 positive regulation of glycolysis
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0051450 myoblast proliferation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up