IFN Beta antibody | C01-4C1
|Mouse anti Human IFNβ, clone C01-4C1 recognizes interferon (IFN) beta, a ~25 kDa protein and member of the type I interferon family. Type I interferons are anti-viral molecules produced by virally infected cells and serving to activate macrophages, natural killer cells and to assist in the presentation of antigens to the immune system by the major histocompatibility complex (Nagarajan, 2011). The production of interferon is induced in response to microbes and other cytokines.
The interferons are widely used to treat a variety of diseases with IFNβ being used to treat relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (Foley et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from serum free tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein containing 165 aa of human IFN beta 1b
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Foley, J.F. et al. (2013) Emerging methods for evaluating the effectiveness of intramuscular interferon beta-1a for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
J Manag Care Pharm. 19(1 Suppl A): S16-23.
Nagarajan, U. (2011) Induction and function of IFNβ during viral and bacterial infection
Crit Rev Immunol. 31: 459-74.
- Interferon Beta
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005132 interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0032897 negative regulation of viral transcription
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0045089 positive regulation of innate immune response
- GO:0045343 regulation of MHC class I biosynthetic process
- GO:0046597 negative regulation of virion penetration into host cell
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0071360 cellular response to exogenous dsRNA
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up