IFN Beta antibody | C01-4C1
The interferons are widely used to treat a variety of diseases with IFNβ being used to treat relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (Foley et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from serum free tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein containing 165 aa of human IFN beta 1b
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005132 interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0032897 negative regulation of viral transcription
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0045089 positive regulation of innate immune response
- GO:0045343 regulation of MHC class I biosynthetic process
- GO:0046597 negative regulation of virion penetration into host cell
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0071360 cellular response to exogenous dsRNA
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Foley, J.F. et al. (2013) Emerging methods for evaluating the effectiveness of intramuscular interferon beta-1a for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
J Manag Care Pharm. 19(1 Suppl A): S16-23.
Nagarajan, U. (2011) Induction and function of IFNβ during viral and bacterial infection
Crit Rev Immunol. 31: 459-74.