HtrA2 antibody | AB03/4E9
Encoded by the HTRA2 gene, this serine protease has been localized in the endoplasmic reticulum and interacts with an alternatively spliced form of mitogen-activated protein kinase 14. The protein has also been localized to the mitochondria with release to the cytosol following apoptotic stimulus. The protein is thought to induce apoptosis by binding the apoptosis inhibitory protein baculoviral IAP repeat-containing 4. Nuclear localization of this protein has also been observed. Alternate splicing of HTRA2 results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms. Additional transcript variants have been described, but their full-length sequences have not been determined (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human HtrA2 antibody detects a band of 33 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti HtrA2 detects a band of approximately 33 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 134-458 of human HtrA2
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- O43464 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HTRA2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005758 mitochondrial intermembrane space
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006950 response to stress
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0031966 mitochondrial membrane
- GO:0035631 CD40 receptor complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of HtrA2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.