HSPA2 antibody | AB02/2E2
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti HSPA2 antibody recognizes heat shock-related 70 kDa protein 2.
HSPA2 is a molecular chapherone protein within the HSP70 family, and was originally identified as crucial for spermatogenesis. The protein is highly expressed in spermatocytes, and could be a useful selection marker for sperm with lowest levels of chromatin damage in assisted reproductive techniques for male factor infertility (Heidari et al. 2018). In selected populations of somatic cells, non-spermatogenic functions of HSPA2 appear to include cytoprotection, and protection of cells against thermal stress, although its expression is not induced by heat shock (Scieglinska and Krawczyk, 2015). A recent role for HSPA2 was also found in maintenance of skin homeostasis (Gogler-Piglowska et al. 2018). Although there is a marked difference in expression pattern between some cancer types and corresponding noncancerous tissues, the role of HSPA2 in cancer is unclear (Scieglinska and Krawczyk, 2015).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti HSPA2 antibody detects a band of approximately 71 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-279 of human HSPA2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up