hnRNP L antibody | OTI9G7
Heterogeneous nuclear RNAs (hnRNAs) which include mRNA precursors and mature mRNAs are associated with specific proteins to form heterogenous ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) complexes. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L is among the proteins that are stably associated with hnRNP complexes and along with other hnRNP proteins is likely to play a major role in the formation, packaging, processing, and function of mRNA. This protein is present in the nucleoplasm as part of the hnRNP complex but hnRNP proteins have also been identified outside of the nucleoplasm. Exchange of hnRNP for mRNA-binding proteins accompanies transport of mRNA from the nucleus to the cytoplasm. Since hnRNP proteins have been shown to shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm, it is possible that they also have cytoplasmic functions. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for HNRNPL (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human hnRNP L antibody detects a band of 64 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti hnRNP L detects a band of approximately 64 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 270-502 of human hnRNP L (NP_001524) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P14866 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HNRNPL Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0030530 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP L antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.