hnRNP A antibody
Human anti hnRNP A
hnRNP A antibody recognizes heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1, also known as putative heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1-like 3, helix-destabilizing protein, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1B protein or single-strand DNA-binding protein UP1.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
- HuCAL Fab bivalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
HNRNPA1 belongs to the A/B subfamily of ubiquitously expressed heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs). The hnRNPs are RNA binding proteins and they complex with heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA). These proteins are associated with pre-mRNAs in the nucleus and appear to influence pre-mRNA processing and other aspects of mRNA metabolism and transport. While all of the hnRNPs are present in the nucleus, some seem to shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. The hnRNP proteins have distinct nucleic acid binding properties. The protein encoded by HNRNPA1 has two repeats of quasi-RRM domains that bind to RNAs. It is one of the most abundant core proteins of hnRNP complexes and it is localized to the nucleoplasm. This protein, along with other hnRNP proteins, is exported from the nucleus, probably bound to mRNA, and is immediately re-imported. Its M9 domain acts as both a nuclear localization and nuclear export signal. The encoded protein is involved in the packaging of pre-mRNA into hnRNP particles, transport of poly A+ mRNA from the nucleus to the cytoplasm, and may modulate splice site selection. It is also thought have a primary role in the formation of specific myometrial protein species in parturition. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for HNRNPA1 but only two transcripts are fully described. These variants have multiple alternative transcription initiation sites and multiple polyA sites (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Human anti Human hnRNP A antibody detects a band of 34 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Human anti hnRNP A antibody detects a band of approximately 34 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Human monoclonal antibody purified by metal chelate affinity chromatography from E. coli extract
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human hnRNP A
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P09651 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HNRNPA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003727 single-stranded RNA binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006405 RNA export from nucleus
- GO:0030530 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051028 mRNA transport
- GO:0051170 nuclear import
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||STAR126P||E WB||0.5 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.