Hmbs antibody | UMAB144
Mouse anti Hmbs
Mouse anti human HMBS antibody recognizes porphobilinogen deaminase, also known as Chester type, pre-uroporphyrinogen synthase or uroporphyrinogen I synthase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The HMBS gene encodes a member of the hydroxymethylbilane synthase superfamily. HMBS protein is the third enzyme of the heme biosynthetic pathway and catalyzes the head to tail condensation of four porphobilinogen molecules into the linear hydroxymethylbilane. Mutations in HMBS are associated with the autosomal dominant disease acute intermittent porphyria. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human HMBS antibody detects a band of 39 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HMBS detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human HMBS (NP_000181) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08397 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HMBS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004418 hydroxymethylbilane synthase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006783 heme biosynthetic process
- GO:0018160 peptidyl-pyrromethane cofactor linkage
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Hmbs antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.