Hmbs antibody | UMAB144
The HMBS gene encodes a member of the hydroxymethylbilane synthase superfamily. HMBS protein is the third enzyme of the heme biosynthetic pathway and catalyzes the head to tail condensation of four porphobilinogen molecules into the linear hydroxymethylbilane. Mutations in HMBS are associated with the autosomal dominant disease acute intermittent porphyria. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human HMBS antibody detects a band of 39 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HMBS detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human HMBS (NP_000181) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004418 hydroxymethylbilane synthase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006783 heme biosynthetic process
- GO:0018160 peptidyl-pyrromethane cofactor linkage
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Hmbs antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra