HMB45 antibody | HMB-45
Normal adult melanocytes do not label with this antibody, although fetal and neonatal melanocytes stain variably.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Extract of pigmented melanoma metastases from lymph nodes.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0032438 melanosome organization
- GO:0032585 multivesicular body membrane
- GO:0042438 melanin biosynthetic process
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- For research purposes only
Applications of HMB45 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/40|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/40|
- This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for HMB45 antibody
Fonsatti, E. et al. (2007) Functional up-regulation of human leukocyte antigen class I antigens expression by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine in cutaneous melanoma: immunotherapeutic implications.
Clin Cancer Res. 13: 3333-8.
Clements, D. et Al. (2009) Analysis of the oestrogen response in an angiomyolipoma derived xenograft model.
Endocr Relat Cancer. 16: 59-72.
Ginger, R.S. et al. (2008) SLC24A5 encodes a trans-Golgi network protein with potassium-dependent sodium-calcium exchange activity that regulates human epidermal melanogenesis.
J Biol Chem. 283: 5486-95.
Racchi, C.E. et al. (1996) HMB-45. A review.
Applied Immunohistochemistry. 4: 73-85.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra