Histone Deacetylase 4 antibody
Mouse anti Histone Deacetylase 4
Histone deacetylase 4 antibody recognizes histone deacetylase 4, also known as HDAC4 or histone deacetylase A. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Histones play a critical role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and developmental events. Histone acetylation/deacetylation alters chromosome structure and affects transcription factor access to DNA. Encoded by the HDAC4 gene, histone deacetylase 4 belongs to class II of the histone deacetylase/acuc/apha family. It possesses histone deacetylase activity and represses transcription when tethered to a promoter. This protein does not bind DNA directly, but through transcription factors MEF2C and MEF2D. It seems to interact in a multiprotein complex with RbAp48 and HDAC3 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human histone deacetylase 4 antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti histone deacetylase 4 detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human histone deacetylase 4 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P56524 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HDAC4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000118 histone deacetylase complex
- GO:0004407 histone deacetylase activity
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010832 negative regulation of myotube differentiation
- GO:0014894 response to denervation involved in regulation of muscle adaptation
- GO:0014898 cardiac muscle hypertrophy in response to stress
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016566 specific transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0017053 transcriptional repressor complex
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030955 potassium ion binding
- GO:0033235 positive regulation of protein sumoylation
- GO:0033613 activating transcription factor binding
- GO:0034983 peptidyl-lysine deacetylation
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0043393 regulation of protein binding
- GO:0043433 negative regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0045820 negative regulation of glycolysis
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0070491 repressing transcription factor binding
- GO:0070555 response to interleukin-1
- GO:0070932 histone H3 deacetylation
- GO:0070933 histone H4 deacetylation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Histone Deacetylase 4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.