Hexokinase 1 antibody | 4D7
Filter by Application:IF WB Reset
Mouse anti Human Hexokinase 1
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Hexokinase 1
|Mouse anti Human hexokinase 1, clone 4D7 recognizes human hexokinase 1, a 102 kDa major allosteric enzyme of the glycolytic pathway, which catalyses the phosphorylation of glucose to form glucose-6-phosphate (Glc-6-P).
Hexokinase 1 is the first of four distinct mammalian hexokinase isozymes (hexokinase type 1 to 4), expressed in the outer membrane of mitochondria and is regulated (inhibited) by its product Glc-6-P. A deficiency in hexokinase 1 is implicated in the rare hereditary autosomal recessive disease known as nonspherocytic haemolytic anaemia (Newman et al. 1980).
Mouse anti hexokinase 1, clone 4D7 recognizes an epitope common to all isoforms of human hexokinase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 10% Glycerol
- Recombinant human hexokinase 1 (amino acids 1-917) purified from Escherichia coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2698 detects a band of approximately 102kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
Wilson, J.E. (2003) Isozymes of mammalian hexokinase: structure, subcellular localization and metabolic function.
J Exp Biol. 206 (Pt 12): 2049-57.
- Hexokinase Type I
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004340 glucokinase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0015758 glucose transport
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up