Heat Shock Protein 70 antibody | 4E7
Heat shock proteins are a group of heat- or stress-inducible proteins which act as molecular chaperones and as essential regulators of cellular processes, including protein folding. HSP70 acts alongside other chaperones to mediate the folding of newly-synthesized peptide sequences, stabilize proteins against aggregation, and assist in protein transmembrane transport.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascities
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3), 10% Glycerol
- Recombinant human HSP70 (amino acids 1-641) purified from Escherichia coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0044183 protein binding involved in protein folding
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0006986 response to unfolded protein
- GO:0042026 protein refolding
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006402 mRNA catabolic process
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0016234 inclusion body
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0090084 negative regulation of inclusion body assembly
- For research purposes only
Applications of Heat Shock Protein 70 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/100||1/200|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Eccrine glands in Human skin.
- Western Blotting
- MCA4627GA detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Heat Shock Protein 70 antibody
Dalli J et al. (2013) Heterogeneity in neutrophil microparticles reveals distinct proteome and functional properties.
Mol Cell Proteomics. 12 (8): 2205-19.
Tavaria, M. et al. (1996) A hitchhiker’s guide to the human Hsp70 family.
Cell stress and Chaperones 1: 23-28.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra