Heat Shock 70 Kda Protein 5 antibody
Encoded by the HSPA5 gene and a member of the heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) family, heat shock protein 5 is localized in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), and is involved in the folding and assembly of proteins in the ER. As this protein interacts with many ER proteins, it may play a key role in monitoring protein transport through the cell (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2010).
Human anti Human heat shock protein 5 antibody detects a band of 78 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti heat shock 70 kDa protein 5 detects a band of approximately 78 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is bivalent by dimerization of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Human recombinant monoclonal antibody purified by StrepTactin affinity chromatography from E. coli extracts
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human heat Shock 70 kDa protein 5
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0051087 chaperone binding
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0005793 ER-Golgi intermediate compartment
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030176 integral to endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0030433 ER-associated protein catabolic process
- GO:0030496 midbody
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042149 cellular response to glucose starvation
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043027 caspase inhibitor activity
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0060904 regulation of protein folding in endoplasmic reticulum
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories. His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Heat Shock 70 Kda Protein 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||STAR126P||E WB||0.5 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra