HbA1c antibody | AbD15792
The measurement of HbA1c levels is used to identify the average plasma glucose concentration. In diabetes mellitus, higher levels of HbA1c have been associated with cardiovascular and other diseases. Levels of more than 6.5% HbA1c (48 mmol/mol) are used as a criterion to diagnose diabetes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a V5 tag and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- StrepTactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The immunogens used in the generation of this antibody were:
A glycated peptide, corresponding to N-terminal 9 amino acids of haemoglobin beta chain coupled to carrier proteins
- The affinity of this antibody, as measured against the immunogen, was measured as KD=7 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis using HbA1c-BSA and HbA1c-TRF conjugates as immobilized antigen.
The affinity of this antibody, as measured against purified HbA1c, was measured as KD=54 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis using full length HbA1c as immobilized antigen.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of HbA1c antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product is suitable for use in direct or indirect ELISA applications.