H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras are highly related RAS genes which regulate pathways involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, adhesion, migration and apoptosis and are known proto-oncogenes. H-Ras is located within the peripheral plasma membrane and within endomembrane compartments including the ER and Golgi apparatus. In the ER H-Ras can be activated by the RasGRF family exchange factors RasGRF1 and RasGRF2, this process does not appear to happen within the Golgi (Arozarena et al. 2004). Mutations in the H-Ras gene are responsible for the rare condition known as Costello syndrome characterized by facial, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal abnormalities and mental retardation (Gripp et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human H-Ras antibody has been used for the detection of H-Ras in the multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting, detecting a band of ~21 kDa under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti H-Ras antibody detects a band of approximately 21 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids DIHQYREQIKRVKDSDDC of human H-Ras
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0009887 organ morphogenesis
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031575 mitotic cell cycle G1/S transition checkpoint
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0090398 cellular senescence
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of H-Ras antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra