Mouse anti H-FABP
H-FABP antibody recognizes fatty acid-binding protein, heart, also known as fatty acid-binding protein 3, muscle, fatty acid binding protein 11, heart-type fatty acid-binding protein or mammary-derived growth inhibitor.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The intracellular fatty acid-binding proteins (FABPs) belongs to a multigene family. FABPs are divided into at least three distinct types, namely the hepatic-, intestinal- and cardiac-type. They form 14-15 kDa proteins and are thought to participate in the uptake, intracellular metabolism and/or transport of long-chain fatty acids. They may also be responsible in the modulation of cell growth and proliferation. The H-FABP gene contains four exons and its function is to arrest growth of mammary epithelial cells. The H-FABP gene is a candidate tumor suppressor gene for human breast cancer (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human H-FABP antibody detects a band of 15 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti H-FABP detects a band of approximately 15 kDa in human heart tissue lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-133 of human H-FABP
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05413 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FABP3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of H-FABP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.