Mouse anti GSTA1
Mouse anti human GSTA1 antibody recognizes glutathione S-transferase A1, also known as GSTA1, GST HA subunit 1, GST class-alpha member 1, GST, class alpha, 1 or GST-epsilon. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Cytosolic and membrane-bound forms of glutathione S-transferase are encoded by two distinct supergene families. These enzymes function in the detoxification of electrophilic compounds, including carcinogens, therapeutic drugs, environmental toxins and products of oxidative stress, by conjugation with glutathione. The genes encoding these enzymes are known to be highly polymorphic. These genetic variations can change an individual's susceptibility to carcinogens and toxins as well as affect the toxicity and efficacy of some drugs.
At present, eight distinct classes of the soluble cytoplasmic mammalian glutathione S-transferases have been identified: alpha, kappa, mu, omega, pi, sigma, theta and zeta. The GSTA1 gene encodes a glutathione S-tranferase belonging to the alpha class. The alpha class genes, located in a cluster mapped to chromosome 6, are the most abundantly expressed glutathione S-transferases in liver. In addition to metabolizing bilirubin and certain anti-cancer drugs in the liver, the alpha class of these enzymes exhibit glutathione peroxidase activity thereby protecting the cells from reactive oxygen species and the products of peroxidation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human GSTA1 antibody detects a band of 25 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GSTA1 detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in mouse liver tissue
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified from tissue culture supernatant by euglobulin precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant GSTA1 protein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08263 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GSTA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004364 glutathione transferase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006749 glutathione metabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GSTA1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.