GSK3 Alpha/Beta antibody
Mouse anti GSK3 Alpha/Beta
GSK3 alpha /beta antibody recognizes glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha also known as GSK-3 alpha or serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3A and glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta, also known as GSK-3 beta or serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3B.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The proteins encoded by GSK3A and GSK3B genes are a serine-threonine kinases, belonging to the glycogen synthase kinase subfamily. GSK3A is involved in Alzheimer and diabetes and GSK3B have been implicated in modifying risk of Parkinson disease, and studies in mice show that overexpression of GSK3B may be relevant to the pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009).
Mouse anti Human GSK3 alpha/beta antibody detects bands of 51 and 47 kDa respectively. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GSK3 alpha/beta detect bands of approximately 47 kDa and 51 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 205-221 of human GSK3 beta
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P49840 Related reagents
- P49841 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GSK3A Related reagents
- GSK3B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0010905 negative regulation of UDP-glucose catabolic process
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030877 beta-catenin destruction complex
- GO:0034236 protein kinase A catalytic subunit binding
- GO:0045732 positive regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0046325 negative regulation of glucose import
- GO:0046627 negative regulation of insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050321 tau-protein kinase activity
- GO:0051348 negative regulation of transferase activity
- GO:0001085 RNA polymerase II transcription factor binding
- GO:0001837 epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0001954 positive regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005977 glycogen metabolic process
- GO:0006983 ER overload response
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0018105 peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0021766 hippocampus development
- GO:0031333 negative regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0031334 positive regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0032091 negative regulation of protein binding
- GO:0032855 positive regulation of Rac GTPase activity
- GO:0034747 Axin-APC-beta-catenin-GSK3B complex
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0046827 positive regulation of protein export from nucleus
- GO:0051059 NF-kappaB binding
- GO:0060070 canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0071109 superior temporal gyrus development
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GSK3 Alpha/Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster