Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody
Encoded by the GAD2 gene, glutamate decarboxylase 2 is one of several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase. Glutamate decarboxylase 2 is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma-aminobutyric acid from L-glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin-dependent diabetes. GAD2 may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants that encode the same protein (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2008).
Mouse anti Human glutamate decarboxylase 2 antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glutamate Decarboxylase 2 detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in Mouse Brain cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin (KLH) conjugated synthetic peptide sequence PGSGFWSFGSEDGSGDSEN corresponding to amino acids 4-22 within the N-terminal region of human glutamate decarboxylase 2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q05329 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GAD2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0042136 neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
- GO:0004351 glutamate decarboxylase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006540 glutamate decarboxylation to succinate
- GO:0007269 neurotransmitter secretion
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030170 pyridoxal phosphate binding
- GO:0042734 presynaptic membrane
- GO:0061202 clathrin sculpted gamma-aminobutyric acid transport vesicle membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.