Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody
This protein, encoded by the G6PD gene is a cytosolic enzyme encoded by a housekeeping X-linked gene whose main function is to produce NADPH, a key electron donor in the defense against oxidizing agents and in reductive biosynthetic reactions. G6PD is remarkable for its genetic diversity. Many variants of G6PD, mostly produced from missense mutations, have been described with wide ranging levels of enzyme activity and associated clinical symptoms. G6PD deficiency may cause neonatal jaundice, acute hemolysis, or severe chronic non-spherocytic hemolytic anemia. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for G6PD (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase antibody detects a band of 59 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase detects a band of approximately 59 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001816 cytokine production
- GO:0004345 glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005536 glucose binding
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006749 glutathione metabolic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0009051 pentose-phosphate shunt, oxidative branch
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0010734 negative regulation of protein glutathionylation
- GO:0034599 cellular response to oxidative stress
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0046390 ribose phosphate biosynthetic process
- GO:0050661 NADP binding
- GO:0051156 glucose 6-phosphate metabolic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra