Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody
Mouse anti Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase antibody recognizes glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
This protein, encoded by the G6PD gene is a cytosolic enzyme encoded by a housekeeping X-linked gene whose main function is to produce NADPH, a key electron donor in the defense against oxidizing agents and in reductive biosynthetic reactions. G6PD is remarkable for its genetic diversity. Many variants of G6PD, mostly produced from missense mutations, have been described with wide ranging levels of enzyme activity and associated clinical symptoms. G6PD deficiency may cause neonatal jaundice, acute hemolysis, or severe chronic non-spherocytic hemolytic anemia. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for G6PD (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase antibody detects a band of 59 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase detects a band of approximately 59 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P11413 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- G6PD Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001816 cytokine production
- GO:0004345 glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005536 glucose binding
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006749 glutathione metabolic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0009051 pentose-phosphate shunt, oxidative branch
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0010734 negative regulation of protein glutathionylation
- GO:0034599 cellular response to oxidative stress
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0046390 ribose phosphate biosynthetic process
- GO:0050661 NADP binding
- GO:0051156 glucose 6-phosphate metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.