GFAP antibody | GF-05
Mutations in the GFAP gene may result in presentation of Alexander disease (ALXDRD), a rare neurological condition affecting infants and characterized by myelination failure leading to early death (Brenner et al. 2001)
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cynomolgus monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native GFAP purified from human brain.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of GFAP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for GFAP antibody
Burbaeva, G.Sh. et al. (2007) Systemic neurochemical alterations in schizophrenic brain: glutamate metabolism in focus.
Neurochem Res. 32: 1434-44.
Gil-Perotin, S. et al. (2009) Ultrastructure of the subventricular zone in Macaca fascicularis and evidence of a mouse-like migratory stream.
J Comp Neurol. 514: 533-54.
Wei, P. et al. (2013) Serum GFAP autoantibody as an ELISA-detectable glioma marker.
Tumour Biol. 34 (4): 2283-92.
Garbayo, E. et al. (2016) Brain delivery of microencapsulated GDNF induces functional and structural recovery in parkinsonian monkeys.
Biomaterials. 110: 11-23.
Martinez-Valbuena, M. et al. (2019) Amylin as a potential link between type 2 diabetes and alzheimer disease.
Ann Neurol. 86 (4): 539-51.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra