GARS antibody | OTI4H8
The GARS gene encodes one of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases that charge tRNAs with their cognate amino acids. The encoded enzyme is an (alpha)2 dimer which belongs to the class II family of tRNA synthetases. It has been shown to be a target of autoantibodies in the human autoimmune diseases, polymyositis or dermatomyositis (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human GARS antibody detects a band of 83 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GARS detects a band of approximately 83 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human GARS (NP_002038) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004820 glycine-tRNA ligase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006426 glycyl-tRNA aminoacylation
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0015966 diadenosine tetraphosphate biosynthetic process
- GO:0046983 protein dimerization activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GARS antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|