Mouse anti GAPDH
GAPDH antibody recognizes glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, also known as GAPDH, peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
GAPDH has also been shown to translocate to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death. A further report has shown that GAPDH binds to several proteins that are responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
Mouse anti Human GAPDH antibody recognizes human GAPDH as a single band of ~36 kDa by western blotting in a variety of human cell line lysates under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GAPDH antibody detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human GAPDH from cardiac muscle
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P04406 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GAPDH Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GAPDH antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.