Mouse anti FYN
FYN antibody recognizes tyrosine-protein kinase FYN, also known as proto-oncogene Syn, proto-oncogene c-Fyn, Src-like kinase, SLK or p59-Fyn. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
FYN plays a vital role in thymocyte development and T cell activation and is essential for TCR-mediated signal transduction through association with the T-cell receptor (TCR) eta chain/CD3 complex. This association, results in protein kinase activation and the subsequent protein tyrosine phosphorylation of multiple immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs), which triggers the phosphorylation of further substrates downstream in the T-cell signaling cascade.
Recent studies into Alzheimer’s disease have implicated FYN in neurodegeneration, through the tyrosine phosphorylation of the microtubule-associated protein tau, a prominent component of neurofibrillary tangles.
Mouse anti Human FYN antibody recognizes FYN as a band of ~61 kDa in western blotting in multiple cell line lysates including myeloid, lymphoid, neuronal, adenocarcinoma, sarcoma and embryonic kidney.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FYN antibody detects a band of approximately 61 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Bacterially expressed recombinant fragment of human FYN aa 7-176
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P06241 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FYN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001948 glycoprotein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005768 endosome
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006816 calcium ion transport
- GO:0007243 intracellular protein kinase cascade
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0007612 learning
- GO:0007631 feeding behavior
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050690 regulation of defense response to virus by virus
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FYN antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.