FOXA2 antibody | OTI3C10
The FOXA2 gene encodes a member of the forkhead class of DNA-binding proteins. These hepatocyte nuclear factors are transcriptional activators for liver-specific genes such as albumin and transthyretin, and they also interact with chromatin. Similar family members in mice have roles in the regulation of metabolism and in the differentiation of the pancreas and liver. FOXA2 has been linked to sporadic cases of maturity-onset diabetes of the young. Transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified for FOXA2 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2008).
Mouse anti Human FOXA2 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FOXA2 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein expressed in E.coli corresponding to amino acids 300-458 of human FOXA2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001701 in utero embryonic development
- GO:0001705 ectoderm formation
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003704 specific RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003705 sequence-specific enhancer binding RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0007492 endoderm development
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0008301 DNA bending activity
- GO:0009952 anterior/posterior pattern formation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016566 specific transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0021533 cell differentiation in hindbrain
- GO:0021779 oligodendrocyte cell fate commitment
- GO:0021904 dorsal/ventral neural tube patterning
- GO:0030193 regulation of blood coagulation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0032289 central nervous system myelin formation
- GO:0045665 negative regulation of neuron differentiation
- GO:0045666 positive regulation of neuron differentiation
- GO:0048665 neuron fate specification
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0060441 epithelial tube branching involved in lung morphogenesis
- GO:0060487 lung epithelial cell differentiation
- GO:0070741 response to interleukin-6
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FOXA2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|