Follistatin 288 antibody | 17/2
Follistatin (FST) is a single-chain glycosylated protein of gonadal origin, originally identified as an antagonist of activin and suppressor of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) synthesis/secretion. Alternative splicing of FST mRNA generates the two isoforms FS315 and FS288, the latter of which is the main cell-surface form and binds with high affinity to surface heparan sulphate proteoglycans, whilst FS315 binds with only low-affinity, and is considered to be the main circulating form of follistatin.
As well as activin, FST interacts with other growth factors such as bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) -2, -4 and -7, myostatin, and growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF-9), playing a key role in cellular differentiation/proliferation, embryonic development and tissue repair.
Mouse anti Human Follistatin 288 antibody, clone 17/2 has been shown to exhibit 10% cross-reactivity with FS315 in an immunoassay.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human FS288.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P19883 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FST Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002244 hemopoietic progenitor cell differentiation
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0046882 negative regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone secretion
- GO:0032926 negative regulation of activin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048185 activin binding
- GO:0051798 positive regulation of hair follicle development
- For research purposes only
Applications of Follistatin 288 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Follistatin 288 antibody
Evans,L.W. et al. (1998) Development, validation and application of an ultra-sensitive two-site enzyme immunoassay for human follistatin.
J Endocrinol. 156 (2): 275-82.
McPherson, S.J. et al. (1999) Expression of activin A and follistatin core proteins by human prostate tumor cell lines.
Endocrinology. 140 (11): 5303-9.
Majdic, G. et al. (1997) Testicular expression of inhibin and activin subunits and follistatin in the rat and human fetus and neonate and during postnatal development in the rat.
Endocrinology. 138 (5): 2136-47.
Fitzgerald, A.M. et al. (2012) The effects of transforming growth factor-β2 on the expression of follistatin and activin A in normal and glaucomatous human trabecular meshwork cells and tissues.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 53 (11): 7358-69.