Human anti focal adhesion kinase antibody, clone AbD05479 recognizes human focal adhesion kinase (FAK), a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase of approximately 119 kDa that is activated by numerous stimuli and controls cell motility, proliferation and apoptosis. FAK is widely expressed in various tissues and cultured cells. It is located within focal adhesions that form between cells and plays a vital role in integrin signalling.
FAK plays a potential role in oncogenic transformation, and its expression is thought to be correlated to tumor invasiveness.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL� GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Full length recombinant human FAK expressed in Sf9 cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
signal transducer activity
cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
signal complex assembly
integrin-mediated signaling pathway
SH2 domain binding
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Focal Adhesion Kinase antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Western Blotting
- HCA065 detects a band of approximately 119 kDa in HCT-116 cell lysates
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available