Filamin-A, encoded by FLNA gene, is an actin-binding protein that crosslinks actin filaments and links actin filaments to membrane glycoproteins. This protein is involved in remodeling the cytoskeleton to effect changes in cell shape and migration. Filamin-A interacts with integrins, transmembrane receptor complexes, and second messengers. Defects in the FLNA gene are a cause of several syndromes, including periventricular nodular heterotopias (PVNH1, PVNH4), otopalatodigital syndromes (OPD1, OPD2), frontometaphyseal dysplasia (FMD), Melnick-Needles syndrome (MNS), and X-linked congenital idiopathic intestinal pseudoobstruction (CIIPX). Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for FLNA (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2009).
Mouse anti Human filamin-A antibody detects a band of 280 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti filamin-A detects a band of approximately 280 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified His-tagged filamin-A
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P21333 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FLNA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001948 glycoprotein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005938 cell cortex
- GO:0007195 inhibition of adenylate cyclase activity by dopamine receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031532 actin cytoskeleton reorganization
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034394 protein localization at cell surface
- GO:0034988 Fc-gamma receptor I complex binding
- GO:0034989 GTP-Ral binding
- GO:0042177 negative regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0042993 positive regulation of transcription factor import into nucleus
- GO:0043113 receptor clustering
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043433 negative regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0045184 establishment of protein localization
- GO:0048365 Rac GTPase binding
- GO:0051220 cytoplasmic sequestering of protein
- GO:0051764 actin crosslink formation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Filamin-A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.