Interaction of Fas ligand (TNFSF6) with the FAS antigen (TNFRSF6) mediates programmed cell death, also called apoptosis, in a number of organ systems. The protein encoded by FAF1 gene binds to FAS antigen and can initiate apoptosis or enhance apoptosis initiated through FAS antigen. Initiation of apoptosis by the protein encoded by FAF1 requires a ubiquitin-like domain but not the FAS-binding domain (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human FAF1 antibody detects a band of 74 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FAF1 detects a band of approximately 74 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human FAF1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9UNN5 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FAF1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007253 cytoplasmic sequestering of NF-kappaB
- GO:0019887 protein kinase regulator activity
- GO:0031072 heat shock protein binding
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0031265 CD95 death-inducing signaling complex
- GO:0031334 positive regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0042176 regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043161 proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051059 NF-kappaB binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FAF1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.