| Human anti Human ezrin antibody recognizes ezrin, otherwise known as p81 and villin 2. Ezrin is a 586 amino acid cytoplasmic peripheral membrane protein containing a single FERM domain and member of the ezrin, radixin, moesin (ERM) protein family, which acts as protein-tyrosine kinase substrate.
Ezrin is enriched in microvilli and other cell surface structures and plays a key role in cell surface structure adhesion, membrane trafficking, motility and organization (Ng et al. 2001). Ezrin acts as a linker protein between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton, and provides anchorage for cell surface molecules such as ICAM and CD44 (Finnerty et al. 2004). Ezrin is involved in the metastatic capacity of various types of human tumours including breast, prostate, bone, endometrial and colon cancers (Ohtani et al. 2002, Elzagheid et al. 2008).
Mouse anti Human ezrin antibody detects a band of 81 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ezrin detects a band of approximately 81 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is bivalent by dimerization of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Human recombinant monoclonal antibody purified by StrepTactin affinity chromatography from E. coli extracts.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- His-tagged ezrin fusion protein
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005884 actin filament
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0019898 extrinsic to membrane
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030863 cortical cytoskeleton
- GO:0031528 microvillus membrane
- GO:0032587 ruffle membrane
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up