Ezrin is enriched in microvilli and other cell surface structures and plays a key role in cell surface structure adhesion, membrane trafficking, motility and organization (Ng et al. 2001). Ezrin acts as a linker protein between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton, and provides anchorage for cell surface molecules such as ICAM and CD44 (Finnerty et al. 2004). Studies have implicated ezrin in the metastatic capacity of various types of human tumours including breast, prostate, bone, endometrial and colon cancers (Ohtani et al. 1999, Elzaqheid et al. 2008).
Mouse anti Human ezrin antibody detects a band of 81 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ezrin detects a band of approximately 81 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is bivalent by dimerization of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Human recombinant monoclonal antibody purified by StrepTactin affinity chromatography from E. coli extracts
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- His-tagged ezrin fusion protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005884 actin filament
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0019898 extrinsic to membrane
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030863 cortical cytoskeleton
- GO:0031528 microvillus membrane
- GO:0032587 ruffle membrane
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories. His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ezrin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||STAR126P||E WB||0.5 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra