Erythropoietin antibody | AE7A5
EPO is a 166 amino acid ~30 kDa glycoprotein hormone secreted primarily by the kidney that stimulates bone marrow erythropoiesis in response to hypoxia or anemia. The cDNAs for Epo have been cloned from many species and the mature proteins from the various species are highly conserved, exhibiting greater than 80% sequence identity at the amino acid level.
Mouse anti Human Erythropoietin antibody, clone AE7A5 is the primary antibody sanctioned by the World Anti Doping Agency for the identification and evaluation of natural and recombinant erythropoietin by western blotting in biological samples (WADA doc: TD2014EPO). In addition to recognizing both recombinant and native human erythropoietin, clone AE7A5 cross reacts with zinc-alpha-2-glycoprotein, this reactivity is well separated from that of erythropoietin and does not interfere with the EPO testing assay (Reichel 2008).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Baboon Dog Sheep
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A 26 amino acid synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal region of human erythropoietin with the sequence APPRLICDSRVLERYLLEAKEAENIT.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005128 erythropoietin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008015 blood circulation
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- For research purposes only
Applications of Erythropoietin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Erythropoietin antibody
Sytkowski, A.J. and Fisher, J.W. (1985) Isolation and characterization of an anti-peptide monoclonal antibody to human erythropoietin.
J Biol Chem. 260: 14727-31.
Lasne, F. et al. (2009) Detection of continuous erythropoietin receptor activator in blood and urine in anti-doping control.
Haematologica. 94: 888-90.
Lasne, F. (2006) No doubt about the validity of the urine test for detection of recombinant human erythropoietin.
Blood. 108 (5): 1778-9; author reply 1779-80.
Sue, J.M. & Sytkowski, A.J. (1983) Site-specific antibodies to human erythropoietin directed toward the NH2-terminal region.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 80 (12): 3651-5.