The protein encoded by MAPK3 gene is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act in a signaling cascade that regulates various cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, and cell cycle progression in response to a variety of extracellular signals. This kinase is activated by upstream kinases, resulting in its translocation to the nucleus where it phosphorylates nuclear targets. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different protein isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ERK1 antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ERK1 detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in C6 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human ERK1 expressed in E. Coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004707 MAP kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006361 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ERK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra