MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act in a signaling cascade that regulates various cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, and cell cycle progression in response to a variety of extracellular signals. This kinase is activated by upstream kinases, resulting in its translocation to the nucleus where it phosphorylates nuclear targets. ERK1/2 are proline-directed kinases that preferentially catalyze the phosphorylation of substrates containing a Pro-Xxx-Ser/Thr-Pro sequence. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different protein isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ERK1/2 antibody detects bands of 42 and 44 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ERK1/2 detects band of approximately 42 and 44 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified His-tagged ERK 1/2 protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P27361 Related reagents
- P28482 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MAPK3 Related reagents
- MAPK1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004707 MAP kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006361 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0008353 RNA polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain kinase activity
- GO:0070371 ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ERK1/2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.