ERCC1 antibody | OTI1H1
Mouse anti ERCC1
ERCC1 antibody recognizes the DNA excision repair protein ERCC-1, also known as excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency complementation group 1.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The product of ERCC1 functions in the nucleotide excision repair pathway, and is required for the repair of DNA lesions such as those induced by UV light or formed by electrophilic compounds including cisplatin. The encoded protein forms a heterodimer with the XPF endonuclease (also known as ERCC4), and the heterodimeric endonuclease catalyzes the 5' incision in the process of excising the DNA lesion. The heterodimeric endonuclease is also involved in recombinational DNA repair and in the repair of inter-strand crosslinks. Mutations in ERCC1 result in cerebrooculofacioskeletal syndrome, and polymorphisms that alter expression of ERCC1 may play a role in carcinogenesis. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for ERCC1. The last exon of ERCC1 overlaps with the CD3e molecule, epsilon associated protein gene on the opposite strand (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009).
Mouse anti Human ERCC1 antibody detects a band of 39 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti ERCC1 antibody detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- HEK293-derived full length recombinant human ERCC1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P07992 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ERCC1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000109 nucleotide-excision repair complex
- GO:0000718 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA damage removal
- GO:0000784 nuclear chromosome, telomeric region
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0004519 endonuclease activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006283 transcription-coupled nucleotide-excision repair
- GO:0006295 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision, 3'-to lesion
- GO:0006296 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision, 5'-to lesion
- GO:0006312 mitotic recombination
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0032205 negative regulation of telomere maintenance
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of ERCC1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.