Human anti ErbB2 antibody (pTyr1112), clone AbD33799
recognizes receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2, otherwise known as HER2 and neu, when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1112. ErbB2 belongs to the ErbB family of receptor tyrosine kinases (Muthuswamy et al. 1999
), which plays an important roles in the development of organs such as the mammary gland (Xie et al. 1997
) and central nervous system (Carraway 1996
). Phosphorylated at tyrosine 1112 provides a docking site for c-Cbl E3 ligase, which mediates receptor ubiquitination (Hynes and Stern 1994
). PTPN18 dephosphorylates ErbB2 on tyrosine 1112 thereby blocking the lysosomal routing of the receptor tyrosine kinase (Wang et al. 2014
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via an inactive variant of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase (BAP) fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with DYKDDDDK and His (HHHHHH) tags. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- HER2-Yp peptide conjugated to BSA and human transferrin (SPLQR(Yp)SEDPTVPLPC and Bio-SPLQR(Yp)SEDPTVPLP)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
epidermal growth factor receptor activity
ErbB-3 class receptor binding
protein C-terminus binding
identical protein binding
phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
protein phosphatase binding
positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
regulation of transcription
regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of cell adhesion
protein heterodimerization activity
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ERBB2 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra