ErbB2 antibody | AB04/4D7
The ERBB2 gene encodes a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor family of receptor tyrosine kinases. This protein has no ligand binding domain of its own and therefore cannot bind growth factors. However, it does bind tightly to other ligand-bound EGF receptor family members to form a heterodimer, stabilizing ligand binding and enhancing kinase-mediated activation of downstream signalling pathways, such as those involving mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase. Allelic variations at amino acid positions 654 and 655 of isoform a (positions 624 and 625 of isoform b) have been reported, with the most common allele, Ile654/Ile655, shown here. Amplification and/or overexpression of this gene has been reported in numerous cancers, including breast and ovarian tumors. Alternative splicing results in several additional transcript variants, some encoding different isoforms and others that have not been fully characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008)
Mouse anti Human ErbB2 antibody detects a band of 185 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ErbB2 detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in SK-OV-3 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human ErbB2 (amino acids 22 - 254)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P04626 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ERBB2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005006 epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0043125 ErbB-3 class receptor binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ErbB2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.