ERAB antibody | OTI5E2
Mouse anti ERAB
Mouse anti human ERAB antibody recognizes 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2, also known as HSD17B10, AB-binding alcohol dehydrogenase, or short chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the ERAB / HSD17B10 gene, 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2 is a member of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily. 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2 is mitochondrial protein that catalyzes the oxidation of a wide variety of fatty acids, alcohols, and steroids and has been implicated in the development of Alzheimer's disease. Mutations in the gene are the cause of 2-methyl-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (MHBD). Several alternatively spliced transcript variants have been identified, but the full-length nature of only two transcript variants has been determined (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ERAB antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ERAB detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human ERAB (HSD17B10) (NP_004484) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q99714 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HSD17B10 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0003857 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006629 lipid metabolic process
- GO:0008033 tRNA processing
- GO:0008709 cholate 7-alpha-dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0009083 branched chain family amino acid catabolic process
- GO:0047015 3-hydroxy-2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ERAB antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.