Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4B is necessary for the binding of mRNA to ribosomes, promoting the ATPase activity and ATP-dependent RNA unwinding activity of the related proteins, EIF4A and EIF4F.
Mouse anti Human EIF4B antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF4B detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human EIF4B expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0000289 nuclear-transcribed mRNA poly(A) tail shortening
- GO:0003743 translation initiation factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006446 regulation of translational initiation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0016281 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4F complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF4B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra