Mouse anti EIF2AK2
EIF2AK2 antibody recognizes interferon-induced, double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase, also known as P1/eIF-2A protein kinase, eIF-2A protein kinase 2, interferon-inducible elF2alpha kinase, p68 kinase, or protein phosphatase 1.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the EIF2AK2 gene, interferon-induced, double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase is a serine/threonine protein kinase that is activated by autophosphorylation after binding to dsRNA. The activated form of the encoded protein can phosphorylate translation initiation factor EIF2S1, which in turn inhibits protein synthesis. This protein is also activated by manganese ions and heparin. Three transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for EIF2AK2 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human EIF2AK2 antibody detects a band of 74 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF2AK2 detects a band of approximately 74 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant EIF2AK2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P19525 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EIF2AK2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003725 double-stranded RNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004694 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0008601 protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity
- GO:0019054 modulation by virus of host cellular process
- GO:0019058 viral infectious cycle
- GO:0030683 evasion by virus of host immune response
- GO:0033689 negative regulation of osteoblast proliferation
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF2AK2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.