Encoded by the EIF2AK2 gene, interferon-induced, double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase is a serine/threonine protein kinase that is activated by autophosphorylation after binding to dsRNA. The activated form of the encoded protein can phosphorylate translation initiation factor EIF2S1, which in turn inhibits protein synthesis. This protein is also activated by manganese ions and heparin. Three transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for EIF2AK2 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human EIF2AK2 antibody detects a band of 74 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF2AK2 detects a band of approximately 74 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant EIF2AK2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003725 double-stranded RNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004694 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0008601 protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity
- GO:0019054 modulation by virus of host cellular process
- GO:0019058 viral infectious cycle
- GO:0030683 evasion by virus of host immune response
- GO:0033689 negative regulation of osteoblast proliferation
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF2AK2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|