EIF2A antibody | CD02/2H5
EIF2A is a 65 kDa protein that catalyzes the formation of puromycin-sensitive 80S preinitiation complexes (Zoll et al., 2002 (PubMed 12133843)) (supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008).
Mouse anti Human EIF2A antibody detects a band of 62 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti EIF2A antibody detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human EIF2A (aa 448-576)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000049 tRNA binding
- GO:0003743 translation initiation factor activity
- GO:0005850 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 complex
- GO:0006417 regulation of translation
- GO:0042255 ribosome assembly
- GO:0043022 ribosome binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|