Mouse anti EGF receptor antibody
recognizes the epidermal growth factor receptor, also known as proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 or receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1, when phosphorylated at threonine 1148. EGF R plays a role in numerous cellular processes such as cell proliferation and apoptosis through the activation of downstream signaling pathways (Scaltriti and Baselga 2006
R is autophosphorylated at tyrosine 1148 upon ligand binding (Downward et al. 1985
). Phosphorylation at 1148 serves as a docking site for the adaptor protein Shc (Okutani et al. 1994). Binding of Shc to EGF R regulates association of the Grb2-Sos complex and is important for Ras signaling pathway activation (Sakaguchi et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti EGF receptor (pTyr1148) detects a band of approximately 175 kDa in pervanadate-treated A431 (treated lysate) cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by ultrafiltration and size exclusion chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
PEG & Sucrose
- Phosphopeptide conjugated to hemocyanin
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of EGF R (pTyr1148) antibody
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available