Mouse anti EGF receptor antibody recognizes the epidermal growth factor receptor, also known as proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 or receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1, when phosphorylated at threonine 1086. EGF R plays a role in numerous cellular processes such as cell proliferation and apoptosis through the activation of downstream signaling pathways (Scaltriti and Baselga 2006
receptor is autophosphorylated at tyrosine 1086 upon ligand binding (Hsuan et al. 1989
). This phosphorylation is critical for kinase loop activation (Kovacs et al. 2015
). Macrophages have been reported to stimulate gastric and colorectal cancer cell invasion by activation of EGF R phosphorylation at tyrosine 1086 (Cardoso et al. 2014
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti EGF receptor (pTyr1086) detects a band of approximately 175 kDa in pervanadate-treated A431 (treated lysate) cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by ultrafiltration and size exclusion chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
PEG & Sucrose
- Phosphopeptide conjugated to hemocyanin
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of EGF R (pTyr1086) antibody
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available