EEF2 antibody | AB02/1A11
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti EEF2 antibody recognizes eukaryotic elongation factor 2, also known as EF2.
EEF2 plays a key role in protein synthesis, mediating the translocation step of elongation by catalyzing tRNA movement via GTP hydrolysis. When phosphorylated at Thr56, protein synthesis is disrupted, and cells use this mechanism to control translation under multiple biological conditions including cell cycle progression (Oji et al. 2014). Abnormal phosphorylation of EEF2 appears to occur in Alzheimer's Disease (Beckelman et al. 2019). EEF2 is a regulator of cardiomyocyte apoptosis during myocardial ischemia reperfusion, which happens after myocardial infarction and leads to gradual development of heart failure (Zhang et al. 2017). EEF2 is highly involved in regulation of cancer metastasis, and EEF2 expression in cells has been found to increase cancer cell migration and invasion capabilities (Cheng et al. 2018). In addition, EEF2 may be involved with promoting cell survival under conditions of starvation, hypoxia, or metabolic stress (Wang et al. 2019).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti EEF2 antibody detects a band of approximately 94 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 300-858 of human EEF2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up