The ERM family of membrane-cytoskeletal linking proteins act to maintain a regulated linkage between actin filaments (F-actin) and the plasma membrane. Studies have revealed that EBP50 is an important ERM binding partner, which interacts with the N-terminal FERM (four point one ERM) domain of ERM proteins, via its C-terminal domain. EBP50 colocalizes with actin and ezrin, in the apical mircovilli of epithelial cells and this role as binding partner has been further shown through the interaction of EBP50 with the transmembrane adaptor protein known as protein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains (PAG), in T-cells (Reczek et al. 1997).
Mutations in the gene encoding EBP50 leads to nephrolithiasis/osteoporosis, hypophosphatemic, 2 disease, characterized by impaired phosphate metabolism (Courbebaisse et al. 2012). Other ligands which bind to the PDZ domains of EBP50, include beta-catenin, cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator and the type II Na/Pi cotransporter Npt2, implicating EBP50 in a diverse range of biological systems.
Mouse anti Human EBP50 antibody recognizes EBP50 as a single band of ~50 kDa in western blotting in multiple cell line lysates including myeloid, lymphoid, neuronal, adenocarcinoma, sarcoma and embryonic kidney.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EBP50 antibody detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Bacterially produced recombinant full length human EBP50.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001726 ruffle
- GO:0016055 Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0005902 microvillus
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0012505 endomembrane system
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0030165 PDZ domain binding
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0031698 beta-2 adrenergic receptor binding
- GO:0032415 regulation of sodium:hydrogen antiporter activity
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EBP50 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|