DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
Mouse anti DNA Methyltransferase 1
DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody recognizes DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1 , also known as DNMt1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 9, DNA methyltransferase HsaI or M.HsaI MCMT. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 1 has a role in the establishment and regulation of tissue-specific patterns of methylated cytosine residues. Aberrant methylation patterns are associated with certain human tumors and developmental abnormalities. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for DNMT1 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2008).
Mouse anti Human DNA methyltransferase 1 antibody detects a band of 180 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DNA methyltransferase 1 detects a band of approximately 205 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1448-1594 of human DNA methyltransferase 1 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P26358 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DNMT1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003886 DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010216 maintenance of DNA methylation
- GO:0010628 positive regulation of gene expression
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0051571 positive regulation of histone H3-K4 methylation
- GO:0051573 negative regulation of histone H3-K9 methylation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DNA Methyltransferase 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.