Diacylglycerol Kinase Alpha antibody
The protein encoded by DGKA belongs to the eukaryotic diacylglycerol kinase family. It acts as a modulator that competes with protein kinase C for the second messenger diacylglycerol in intracellular signaling pathways. It also plays an important role in the resynthesis of phosphatidylinositols and phosphorylating diacylglycerol to phosphatidic acid. Alternative splicing occurs at this locus and four transcript variants encoding the same protein have been identified. (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human diacylglycerol kinase alpha antibody detects a band of 83 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti diacylglycerol kinase alpha detects a band of approximately 83 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human diacylglycerol kinase alpha (DGKA, NP_001336) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P23743 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DGKA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004143 diacylglycerol kinase activity
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0007205 activation of protein kinase C activity by G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Diacylglycerol Kinase Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.