Desmoglein 1 antibody | 27B2
Mouse anti Human Desmoglein 1
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Desmoglein 1
|Mouse anti Human desmoglein 1 antibody, clone 27B2 recognizes human desmoglein 1, also known as Cadherin family member 4, Desmosomal glycoprotein 1, DG1 or Pemphigus foliaceus antigen. Desmoglein 1 is a 999 amino acid mature peptide with an an additional 26aa propeptide region and a 23 aa signal peptide. Desmoglein 1 is a ~165 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein and core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between epithelial cells.
Desmoglein 1 is expressed in the suprabasal layer of the skin and is vital to epidermal integrity (Kottke et al. 2006, Biedermann et al. 2010).
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 1 antibody, clone 27B2 does not recognize desmoglein-2 or desmoglein-3.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antibody purified from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.2 mg0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 25 µg<0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human desmoglein 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human skin
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human desmoglein 1 antibody, clone 27B2 detects a band of approximately 165 kDa in epithelial cell lysates.
References for Desmoglein 1 antibody
Wahl, J.K. 3rd (2002) Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members.
Hybrid Hybridomics. 21 (1): 37-44.
Mahoney, M.G. et al. (2010) Compound heterozygous desmoplakin mutations result in a phenotype with a combination of myocardial, skin, hair, and enamel abnormalities.
J Invest Dermatol. 130 (4): 968-78.
Wu, H. et al. (2000) Protection against pemphigus foliaceus by desmoglein 3 in neonates.
N Engl J Med. 343 (1): 31-5.
Oktarina, D.A. et al. (2011) IgG-induced clustering of desmogleins 1 and 3 in skin of patients with pemphigus fits with the desmoglein nonassembly depletion hypothesis.
Br J Dermatol. 165 (3): 552-62.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007043 cell-cell junction assembly
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0016339 calcium-dependent cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0015643 toxin binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- GO:0045295 gamma-catenin binding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up