Desmoglein 1 antibody | 27B2
Desmoglein 1 is expressed in the suprabasal layer of the skin and is vital to epidermal integrity (Kottke et al. 2006, Biedermann et al. 2010).
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 1 antibody, clone 27B2 does not recognize desmoglein-2 or desmoglein-3.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant human desmoglein 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007043 cell-cell junction assembly
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0016339 calcium-dependent cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0015643 toxin binding
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- GO:0045295 gamma-catenin binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoglein 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Western Blotting
- MCA2271 detects a band of approximately 165kDa in epithelial cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Desmoglein 1 antibody
Wahl, J.K. 3rd (2002) Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members.
Hybrid Hybridomics. 21 (1): 37-44.
Mahoney, M.G. et al. (2010) Compound heterozygous desmoplakin mutations result in a phenotype with a combination of myocardial, skin, hair, and enamel abnormalities.
J Invest Dermatol. 130 (4): 968-78.
Wu, H. et al. (2000) Protection against pemphigus foliaceus by desmoglein 3 in neonates.
N Engl J Med. 343 (1): 31-5.
Oktarina, D.A. et al. (2011) IgG-induced clustering of desmogleins 1 and 3 in skin of patients with pemphigus fits with the desmoglein nonassembly depletion hypothesis.
Br J Dermatol. 165 (3): 552-62.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra