Dek antibody | AB02/2G4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti DEK antibody recognizes protein DEK.
DEK is a highly-conserved nuclear protein involved with DNA replication, chromatin remodeling, maintenance of chromatin architecture, and mRNA splicing. The gene encoding DEK is an oncogene, and depending on experimental system, loss of DEK has been found to attenuate cell proliferation, cell survival, and chemoresistance (Smith et al. 2017). Accordingly, DEK overexpression is associated with carcinoma cell proliferation and is observed in several solid tumors including breast cancer, melanoma, bladder cancer and retinoblastoma (Çalışkaner et al. 2017). DEK is a regulator of hematopoesis, controlling numbers and fate decisions of hematopoetic stem and progenitor cells. Intracellular concentrations of DEK are regulated by inflammatory stimuli, and DEK regulates inflammation-induced NF-kappaB activation (Capitano et al. 2017).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti DEK antibody detects a band of approximately 54 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 110-130 of human DEK
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003704 specific RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0042393 histone binding
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up