Encoded by the DAXX gene, death domain-associated protein 6 is a multifunctional protein that resides in multiple locations in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm. It interacts with a wide variety of proteins, such as apoptosis antigen Fas, centromere protein C, and transcription factor erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1. In the nucleus, the encoded protein functions as a potent transcription repressor that binds to sumoylated transcription factors. Its repression can be relieved by the sequestration of this protein into promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies or nucleoli. This protein also associates with centromeres in G2 phase. In the cytoplasm, the encoded protein may function to regulate apoptosis. The subcellular localization and function of this protein are modulated by post-translational modifications, including sumoylation, phosphorylation and polyubiquitination. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2008).
Mouse anti Human DAXX antibody detects a band of 110 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DAXX detects a band of approximately 110 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human DAXX expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9UER7 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DAXX Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000775 chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007257 activation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0008625 induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016605 PML body
- GO:0031072 heat shock protein binding
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031396 regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- GO:0050681 androgen receptor binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DAXX antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.