Mouse anti Human Cytokeratin (Pan) antibody, clone AE1/AE3 is a pan-cytokeratin reagent, being a cocktail of clones AE1 and AE3 which provides the broadest spectrum of reactivity to the 19 known human epidermal keratins. It produces positive staining in virtually all epithelia.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
Pack Size: 1 ml
|1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
Pack Size: 0.1 ml
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human epidermal keratins.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cytokeratin antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Serotec target unmasking fluid (STUF) product code BUF025A/B/C is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Skin
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Cytokeratin antibody
Smith, K.J. et al. (1998) Sensitivity of cross-reacting antihuman antibodies in formalin-fixed porcine skin: including antibodies to proliferation antigens and cytokeratins with specificity in the skin.
J Dermatol Sci. 18 (1): 19-29.
Tsubura, A. et al. (1991) Immunophenotypic difference of keratin expression in normal mammary glandular cells from five different species.
Acta Anat (Basel). 140 (3): 287-93.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra