Mouse anti Human Cytokeratin (Pan) antibody, clone AE1/AE3 is a pan-cytokeratin reagent, being a cocktail of clones AE1 and AE3 which provides the broadest spectrum of reactivity to the 19 known human epidermal keratins. It produces positive staining in virtually all epithelia.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
Pack Size: 0.1 ml
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
Pack Size: 1 ml
|1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Human epidermal keratins.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cytokeratin antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Serotec target unmasking fluid (STUF) product code BUF025A/B/C is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Skin
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Cytokeratin antibody
Smith, K.J. et al. (1998) Sensitivity of cross-reacting antihuman antibodies in formalin-fixed porcine skin: including antibodies to proliferation antigens and cytokeratins with specificity in the skin.
J Dermatol Sci. 18 (1): 19-29.
Tsubura, A. et al. (1991) Immunophenotypic difference of keratin expression in normal mammary glandular cells from five different species.
Acta Anat (Basel). 140 (3): 287-93.