Cytokeratin antibody | AE1/AE3 Cocktail
Mouse anti Human Cytokeratin (Pan) antibody, clone AE1/AE3 is a pan-cytokeratin reagent, being a cocktail of clones AE1 and AE3 which provides the broadest spectrum of reactivity to the 19 known human epidermal keratins. It produces positive staining in virtually all epithelia.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Pig Macaque Shrew
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.1 ml0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum AlbuminPack Size: 1 ml
0.1% Sodium Azide 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human epidermal keratins.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10||1/40|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/10||1/40|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Serotec target unmasking fluid (STUF) product code BUF025A/B/C is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Skin
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||500 ml||P|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025B||500 ml||P|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||50 ml||P|
Product Specific References
References for Cytokeratin antibody
Smith, K.J. et al. (1998) Sensitivity of cross-reacting antihuman antibodies in formalin-fixed porcine skin: including antibodies to proliferation antigens and cytokeratins with specificity in the skin.
J Dermatol Sci. 18 (1): 19-29.
Tsubura, A. et al. (1991) Immunophenotypic difference of keratin expression in normal mammary glandular cells from five different species.
Acta Anat (Basel). 140 (3): 287-93.