Cytokeratin 7/17 antibody | C-46
Cytokeratins are located in the intracytoplasmic cytoskeleton of epithelial tissues and their neoplasms, including the lungs, ovary and breast. Each keratin filament consists of at least one type I and one type II keratin chain, which then assemble to form a cytoskeletal network, extending from the surface of the nucleus to the cell membrane. The expression of a particular type of cytokeratin depends mainly on the type of epithelium and the development stage of the cell, including its corresponding malignant state. Immunohistochemical analysis of cytokeratin profiles is therefore a valuable tool for diagnosis and characterization, and this particular antibody could be useful for the evaluation of some stratified epithelia which express cytokeratin 17, but not cytokeratin 7.
Mouse anti Human Cytokeratin 7/17 antibody, clone C-46 is reported as suitable for use in immunocytochemistry (Bartek et al. 1991).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rabbit Rat Bovine Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- HeLa cell cytoskeleton preparation.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007010 cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006417 regulation of translation
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- GO:0051325 interphase
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 7/17 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||20||30ug/ml|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Western Blotting
- MCA2706 detects bands of approximately 54kDa and 46kDa in HeLa cytoskeleton cell lysates under reducing conditions.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Cytokeratin 7/17 antibody
Bártek, J. et al. (1991) A series of 14 new monoclonal antibodies to keratins: characterization and value in diagnostic histopathology.
J Pathol. 164 (3): 215-24.
Vojtěsek, B. et al. (1990) A panel of monoclonal antibodies to keratin no. 7: characterization and value in tumor diagnosis.
Neoplasma. 37 (3): 333-42.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra